The University of Glasgow at Kelvin Hall is about bringing inspiring people together and creating a world-class environment for collections-based learning, research and skills development.
At the heart of the Scottish Enlightenment
The University of Glasgow has been changing the world for over 550 years and was at the heart of the Scottish Enlightenment revolution; transforming the world and its inhabitants, through science, social sciences, philosophy and the arts.
For researchers, students and members of the public from all over Scotland and beyond, the new Kelvin Hall is a gateway to that past and portal to the future.
The University of Glasgow at Kelvin Hall
- interact with over one million objects from The Hunterian collections, physically and through the digital portal
- study our collections-based postgraduate programmes – encompassing curatorial, collections and conservation subjects
- learn through our lifelong learning courses – including Egyptology, archaeology, philosophy and creative writing
- take advantage of professional development opportunities through the Academy for Cultural and Heritage Skills
- participate in tours and public engagement activities
- access new research and teaching labs, conservation studios, research and seminar rooms, conference suite and dedicated postgraduate study space